Lucky First, a Kentucky-bred 4-year-old son of Curlin, won Russia's most lucrative race June 11 at the Central Moscow Hippodrome. Bred by Becky Winemiller, Lucky First won the $291,000 President of the Russian Federation.
Becky Winemiller's Wine Princess again proved her affinity for Churchill Downs with a strong victory in the $150,000 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 28 at the Kentucky track.
Becky Winemiller's Wine Princess, whose sire and dam were both voted Horse of the Year, will try for consecutive graded stakes triumphs when she faces eight other 3-year-old fillies in the Indiana Oaks (gr. II).
Wine Princess has progressed steadily through her conditions in five starts for trainer Steve Margolis this year, and she took her career to the next level Aug. 11 with a wire-to-wire victory in the Monmouth Oaks (gr. III).
Tortuga Flats and Nob Hill Deelite were favored to repeat their Louisiana Champions Day wins in their respective divisions of the Louisiana Futurity, and both prevailed Saturday at the Fair Grounds meet at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Lines of Power, sire of 22 stakes winners, was euthanized in mid-June from complications from the infirmities of old age
Most Popular Stories
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- BH 100: Summer Saturdays
- China Group to Build Caribbean Resort, Track
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Ruling Favors Historical Racing Graphics