Lucky First, a Kentucky-bred 4-year-old son of Curlin, won Russia's most lucrative race June 11 at the Central Moscow Hippodrome. Bred by Becky Winemiller, Lucky First won the $291,000 President of the Russian Federation.
Becky Winemiller's Wine Princess again proved her affinity for Churchill Downs with a strong victory in the $150,000 Falls City Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 28 at the Kentucky track.
Becky Winemiller's Wine Princess, whose sire and dam were both voted Horse of the Year, will try for consecutive graded stakes triumphs when she faces eight other 3-year-old fillies in the Indiana Oaks (gr. II).
Wine Princess has progressed steadily through her conditions in five starts for trainer Steve Margolis this year, and she took her career to the next level Aug. 11 with a wire-to-wire victory in the Monmouth Oaks (gr. III).
Tortuga Flats and Nob Hill Deelite were favored to repeat their Louisiana Champions Day wins in their respective divisions of the Louisiana Futurity, and both prevailed Saturday at the Fair Grounds meet at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Lines of Power, sire of 22 stakes winners, was euthanized in mid-June from complications from the infirmities of old age
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- On the Muscle, Dortmund Ready for San Felipe
- Carpe Diem Faces Ocean Knight in Tampa Derby
- Retired Trainer Lake Dies in Saratoga Springs
- Gulfstream 'Cap Distance Fits Private Zone
- Winning Prize to Defend Kilroe Mile Title
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- BC Tickets Still Available After Day One Sale