The final day of Newmarket's Cambridgeshire Festival Sept. 29 is anchored by a pair of group I races and a group II event that kick-starts a new points-based system to determine the field for the 2013 Kentucky Derby.
Valyra, part of a three-horse entry owned by the Aga Khan, got up in the final strides to capture the Prix de Diane-Longines (French Oaks, Fr-I) by three-quarters of a length at Chantilly June 17.
Beauty Parlour justified her favoritism when she held off the challenge of Up to win the Poule d'Essai des Pouliches (French One Thousand Guineas, Fr-I) at Longchamp May 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win