Masseuse, ridden by Edgar Prado, drove determinedly to victory in the $113,600 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT) on a yielding turf course at Aqueduct Saturday, defeating a stubborn Stormy Kiss by a neck.
Pacesetting Pommes Frites got her head down at the wire Saturday to defeat fast-closing Naissance Royale in the $112,300 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares, the last graded stakes of the Aqueduct meeting.
Finery, making her first start in more than five months, collared the favorite Changing World in the final strides to win the $112,800 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the turf at fog-shrouded Aqueduct Saturday.
Kentucky Derby Day is always a big one at Aqueduct, where two stakes will be featured on Saturday, the $150,000 Withers Stakes (g. III) and the $100,000 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Delta Princess and leading rider Mike Luzzi squeezed through on the inside in the stretch, then held off a challenge from second-place Wonder Again to win the $112,400 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT) on Saturday at Aqueduct.
Voodoo Dancer and Wonder Again, a pair of grade I winners that sit near the top of the female turf division, square off for the first time in Saturday's $100,000 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Polite applause, or the local equivalent of a heart pounding ovation, greeted 43-year-old Jerry Bailey and Gaviola upon their triumphant return. The broad-grinning Hall of Famer had just guided the roan filly to a popular triumph in the May 6 Beaugay Handicap (gr. IIIT) and in the process recorded career victory number 5,000. Within this snapshot atop Aqueduct's rubber tiled paddock lived the dichotomy of the modern Kentucky Derby weekend in New York.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial