He was somewhat shadowed on Belmont Day last year by his stablemate Big Brown. But Benny the Bull may play a starring role this time around for trainer Rick Dutrow and the IEAH Stables, as the 6-year-old makes his long-awaited, somewhat surprising return in the $250,000 True North Stakes (gr. II) on June 6.
No Advantage and jockey J.D. Acosta bided their time, and then made their winning move coming out of the turn to take the William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III) by 2 3/4 lengths at Pimlico May 16.
Fabulous Strike, the 1-2 favorite among the four remaining starters in Aqueduct's Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 27, proved an easy winner of the $103,100 event.
Fabulous Strike, coming off a front-running victory in the Fall Highweight Handicap, heads an 8-horse field in the $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 27 at Aqueduct.
Fabulous Strike, carrying high weight of 136 pounds, led from start to finish for a 1 1/2-length triumph in the $111,200 Fall Highweight Handicap, the Thanksgiving Day feature at Aqueduct.
Fabulous Strike, an early favorite for last year's TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) before a serious lung infection ended his season, returned in the Vincent A. Moscarelli Memorial Stakes at Delaware Park June 21, easily defeating two rivals in the six-furlong event.
Tea Party Stable's heavily favored Fabulous Strike, having posted some impressive speed figures while facing lesser company since last summer, rose to the occasion Saturday with a gate-to-wire victory in the $159,600 Aristides Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage