He was somewhat shadowed on Belmont Day last year by his stablemate Big Brown. But Benny the Bull may play a starring role this time around for trainer Rick Dutrow and the IEAH Stables, as the 6-year-old makes his long-awaited, somewhat surprising return in the $250,000 True North Stakes (gr. II) on June 6.
No Advantage and jockey J.D. Acosta bided their time, and then made their winning move coming out of the turn to take the William Donald Schaefer Stakes (gr. III) by 2 3/4 lengths at Pimlico May 16.
Fabulous Strike, the 1-2 favorite among the four remaining starters in Aqueduct's Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 27, proved an easy winner of the $103,100 event.
Fabulous Strike, coming off a front-running victory in the Fall Highweight Handicap, heads an 8-horse field in the $100,000 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) Dec. 27 at Aqueduct.
Fabulous Strike, carrying high weight of 136 pounds, led from start to finish for a 1 1/2-length triumph in the $111,200 Fall Highweight Handicap, the Thanksgiving Day feature at Aqueduct.
Fabulous Strike, an early favorite for last year's TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) before a serious lung infection ended his season, returned in the Vincent A. Moscarelli Memorial Stakes at Delaware Park June 21, easily defeating two rivals in the six-furlong event.
Tea Party Stable's heavily favored Fabulous Strike, having posted some impressive speed figures while facing lesser company since last summer, rose to the occasion Saturday with a gate-to-wire victory in the $159,600 Aristides Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glen Falls
- Isabella Sings Tuned for Boiling Springs
- Ageless, Living The Life Return for Masters
- Suffolk Superintendent Steven Pini Dies at 63
- Azar Captures With Anticipation Stakes
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- NTWAB to Honor American Pharoah Team