The $250,000-added Ancient Title Breeders' Cup (gr. I) attracted seven of the West's top sprinters Saturday at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting.
Nine speed-burners, headed by Triple Bend Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I) winner Unfurl the Flag, are set to run Sunday in the $300,000 Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at 7 furlongs.
Coming off the worst race of his career, Robert Bone's Choctaw Nation displayed all of his old late charge to annihilate the field in the $250,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) Sunday for his second straight victory in the stakes at Del Mar.
Owner Robert Bone and trainer Jeff Mullins bring back Choctaw Nation Sunday at Del Mar in hopes the 5-year-old can reprise his San Diego Handicap (gr. II) victory of last year.
California-bred sprinter Unfurl the Flag won the first graded stakes race of his career Sunday when he dusted a large field in the $350,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) on Independence Day weekend at Hollywood Park.
Rock Hard Ten, runner-up to Smarty Jones in this year's Preakness Stakes (gr. I), heads a field of six 3-year-olds who will clash in the $400,000 Swaps Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga