The $250,000-added Ancient Title Breeders' Cup (gr. I) attracted seven of the West's top sprinters Saturday at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting.
Nine speed-burners, headed by Triple Bend Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. I) winner Unfurl the Flag, are set to run Sunday in the $300,000 Pat O'Brien Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at 7 furlongs.
Coming off the worst race of his career, Robert Bone's Choctaw Nation displayed all of his old late charge to annihilate the field in the $250,000 San Diego Handicap (gr. II) Sunday for his second straight victory in the stakes at Del Mar.
Owner Robert Bone and trainer Jeff Mullins bring back Choctaw Nation Sunday at Del Mar in hopes the 5-year-old can reprise his San Diego Handicap (gr. II) victory of last year.
California-bred sprinter Unfurl the Flag won the first graded stakes race of his career Sunday when he dusted a large field in the $350,000 Triple Bend Handicap (gr. I) on Independence Day weekend at Hollywood Park.
Rock Hard Ten, runner-up to Smarty Jones in this year's Preakness Stakes (gr. I), heads a field of six 3-year-olds who will clash in the $400,000 Swaps Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) Saturday at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo