Runner-up in the same race last year, Hill Fifty Four conquered a high-class field in Cape Town's most famous and fashionable horse race.
South Africa's Beach Beauty, winner of the Maine Chance Farms Paddock Stakes (SAf-I) and Capetown Noir, who captured the L'Ormarins Queen's Plate (SAf-I) at Kenilworth Jan. 11, earned starting berths in the Breeders' Cup.
South Africa's reigning Horse of the Year claimed his second group I victory of the year in the Rising Sun Gold Challenge.
Martial Eagle caused an 75-1 upset in landing Cape Town's premier race, the J&B Met (SAf-1) at Kenilworth Racecourse on Feb. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen