Runner-up in the same race last year, Hill Fifty Four conquered a high-class field in Cape Town's most famous and fashionable horse race.
South Africa's Beach Beauty, winner of the Maine Chance Farms Paddock Stakes (SAf-I) and Capetown Noir, who captured the L'Ormarins Queen's Plate (SAf-I) at Kenilworth Jan. 11, earned starting berths in the Breeders' Cup.
South Africa's reigning Horse of the Year claimed his second group I victory of the year in the Rising Sun Gold Challenge.
Martial Eagle caused an 75-1 upset in landing Cape Town's premier race, the J&B Met (SAf-1) at Kenilworth Racecourse on Feb. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday