Runner-up in the same race last year, Hill Fifty Four conquered a high-class field in Cape Town's most famous and fashionable horse race.
South Africa's Beach Beauty, winner of the Maine Chance Farms Paddock Stakes (SAf-I) and Capetown Noir, who captured the L'Ormarins Queen's Plate (SAf-I) at Kenilworth Jan. 11, earned starting berths in the Breeders' Cup.
South Africa's reigning Horse of the Year claimed his second group I victory of the year in the Rising Sun Gold Challenge.
Martial Eagle caused an 75-1 upset in landing Cape Town's premier race, the J&B Met (SAf-1) at Kenilworth Racecourse on Feb. 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile