Native Bombshell shook off the rust after a year's absence, coming from off the pace to get up by a neck over favored Disco Barbie in the $139,006 Ontario Fashion Stakes (gr. III) Oct. 19 at Woodbine.
Making his stakes debut in the $200,000 John B. Connally Turf Cup, favored Papaw Bodie surged to the lead in upper stretch to post a convincing win at Sam Houston Race Park on the night of Jan. 28.
A bay ridgling by Smart Strike was bought for $1,000,000 by George Bolton at the Sept. 14 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale from Greenfield Farm for B.D. Gibbs Farm, agent.
Crafty 8-year-old Ball Four, reunited with trainer Patrick Biancone for his first start in four months, dealt heavily-favored Rail Trip his first career defeat by going gate to wire to win the $150,000 Mervyn LeRoy Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park May 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Secret Circle Powers Home in Golden Shaheen
- Solow All Alone in Dubai Turf
- Sole Power Drives to Al Quoz Sprint Win
- Brown Panther Pounces in Dubai Gold Cup
- Tamarkuz Takes Godolphin Mile Thriller
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day