Don't Tell Sophia wasn't in a hurry leaving the gate, but she quickly got herself into gear and easily drew off to win her second straight $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes Feb. 16 at Oaklawn Park.
Don't Tell Sophia has her eye on a repeat victory in Oaklawn Park's Bayakoa Stakes Feb. 16, a month after winning the Pippin Stakes at the Arkansas track in consecutive years.
Don't Tell Sophia was a $1,000 yearling purchase in 2009. On Feb. 16 she ran them off their feet at Oaklawn Park, easily putting 6 1/2 lengths over her nearest competitor in the $98,000 Bayakoa Stakes.
One day before champion Royal Delta makes her 2013 debut in the Sabin Stakes (gr. III), a rival who gave her a run for her money returns to the races in the $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes at Oaklawn Park.
Southwest Stakes contenders Texas Bling and Brown Almighty were on the worktab at Oaklawn Park Feb. 9, along with Bayakoa Stakes hopefuls Tiz Miz Sue, Don't Tell Sophia, and She's All In.
Already accomplished at both sprints and routes, Book Review will stretch out again in the $150,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 20 at Santa Anita Park.
Dapple Stable's Capeside Lady, the 7-10 favorite under Stewart Elliott, overtook the pacesetting Injustice leaving the quarter-pole and drew off to a decisive 3 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Bayakoa at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru