Don't Tell Sophia wasn't in a hurry leaving the gate, but she quickly got herself into gear and easily drew off to win her second straight $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes Feb. 16 at Oaklawn Park.
Don't Tell Sophia has her eye on a repeat victory in Oaklawn Park's Bayakoa Stakes Feb. 16, a month after winning the Pippin Stakes at the Arkansas track in consecutive years.
Don't Tell Sophia was a $1,000 yearling purchase in 2009. On Feb. 16 she ran them off their feet at Oaklawn Park, easily putting 6 1/2 lengths over her nearest competitor in the $98,000 Bayakoa Stakes.
One day before champion Royal Delta makes her 2013 debut in the Sabin Stakes (gr. III), a rival who gave her a run for her money returns to the races in the $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes at Oaklawn Park.
Southwest Stakes contenders Texas Bling and Brown Almighty were on the worktab at Oaklawn Park Feb. 9, along with Bayakoa Stakes hopefuls Tiz Miz Sue, Don't Tell Sophia, and She's All In.
Already accomplished at both sprints and routes, Book Review will stretch out again in the $150,000 La Canada Stakes (gr. II) Jan. 20 at Santa Anita Park.
Dapple Stable's Capeside Lady, the 7-10 favorite under Stewart Elliott, overtook the pacesetting Injustice leaving the quarter-pole and drew off to a decisive 3 1/2-length victory in the $100,000 Bayakoa at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis
- Los Alamitos Earns NTRA Safety Accreditation
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break