The 3-year-old son of Quality Road is finally ready for his first start of 2015, and will make that outing at Keeneland in the fourth race on the April 18 card.
Hootenanny, a Quality Road colt owned by the connections of Coolmore Stud, wore down pacesetter Luck of the Kitten to win the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
American trainer Wesley Ward's annual trip to Royal Ascot was off to a dazzling start opening day June 17, when 2-year-old colt Hootenanny dominated 23 overmatched rivals in the Windsor Castle Stakes.
Generous, a multiple champion in Europe and a two-time classic winner, died Jan. 15.
Yeats, a three-time Cartier Award-winning stayer, will stand in 2010 as a flat stallion at John Magnier and partners' Coolmore Stud in Ireland instead of as a National Hunt stallion at the farm as previously announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Ben's Cat Set for 10-Year-Old Debut
- Lani Works in Perplexing Fashion
- Nyquist Jogs in Advance of Final Derby Work
- Sherman Seeks California Chrome Stakes Upset
- Mad Flatter Euthanized After Accident
- First Winner for Caleb's Posse at Gulfstream
- Horse Caucus Takes Testimony on Drug Bill