Hootenanny, a Quality Road colt owned by the connections of Coolmore Stud, wore down pacesetter Luck of the Kitten to win the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
American trainer Wesley Ward's annual trip to Royal Ascot was off to a dazzling start opening day June 17, when 2-year-old colt Hootenanny dominated 23 overmatched rivals in the Windsor Castle Stakes.
Generous, a multiple champion in Europe and a two-time classic winner, died Jan. 15.
Yeats, a three-time Cartier Award-winning stayer, will stand in 2010 as a flat stallion at John Magnier and partners' Coolmore Stud in Ireland instead of as a National Hunt stallion at the farm as previously announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- Seven Seek First Graded Score in Las Flores
- The Big Beast Looking at Stakes Return