The 3-year-old son of Quality Road is finally ready for his first start of 2015, and will make that outing at Keeneland in the fourth race on the April 18 card.
Hootenanny, a Quality Road colt owned by the connections of Coolmore Stud, wore down pacesetter Luck of the Kitten to win the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
American trainer Wesley Ward's annual trip to Royal Ascot was off to a dazzling start opening day June 17, when 2-year-old colt Hootenanny dominated 23 overmatched rivals in the Windsor Castle Stakes.
Generous, a multiple champion in Europe and a two-time classic winner, died Jan. 15.
Yeats, a three-time Cartier Award-winning stayer, will stand in 2010 as a flat stallion at John Magnier and partners' Coolmore Stud in Ireland instead of as a National Hunt stallion at the farm as previously announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- His Race to Win Seeking Repeat in Seagram Cup