The 3-year-old son of Quality Road is finally ready for his first start of 2015, and will make that outing at Keeneland in the fourth race on the April 18 card.
Hootenanny, a Quality Road colt owned by the connections of Coolmore Stud, wore down pacesetter Luck of the Kitten to win the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park Oct. 31.
American trainer Wesley Ward's annual trip to Royal Ascot was off to a dazzling start opening day June 17, when 2-year-old colt Hootenanny dominated 23 overmatched rivals in the Windsor Castle Stakes.
Generous, a multiple champion in Europe and a two-time classic winner, died Jan. 15.
Yeats, a three-time Cartier Award-winning stayer, will stand in 2010 as a flat stallion at John Magnier and partners' Coolmore Stud in Ireland instead of as a National Hunt stallion at the farm as previously announced.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Derby Winner Materiality Dies
- Ectot Stuns Flintshire in Hirsch Turf Classic
- Bullet Train Gets First Stakes Winner
- Leading Jockey Gallardo Heads to New York
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Quest For More Rallies From Last in Cadran