Obviously (IRE) looms a standout against eight rivals in the $150,000 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf as he goes for his fourth consecutive graded stakes triumph Oct. 5.
French invader Sofast adds a new face to the $300,000 Eddie Read Stakes, which attracted a familiar group of Southern California-based middle-distance turf runners to the first grade I event of the season July 20 at Del Mar.
Odds-on choice Obviously was a no-doubt winner of the $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Betfair Hollywood Park turf May 25, taking the lead shortly after the start and putting the field away in the stretch.
Second in his comeback race last month, Obviously gets back to his favored one-mile distance in the $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) May 25 on the turf at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey looks to return grade III victor Boisterous to winning form in the $150,000 Knickerbocker Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 13 at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase