The Maryland Jockey Club Jan. 6 said it expects to have 150 new stalls ready for occupation at Laurel Park by April.
Horsemen said Oct. 28 they like racing at Santa Anita and appreciate improvements in the clubhouse and grandstand, but conditions in the barn area leave something to be desired.
Gulfstream Park said Sept. 30 it has started construction of a $4 million structure with 380 new stalls on the south side of racetrack property.
Calder Race Course said Feb. 9 it has begun application of a new elastomeric coating to 60 barn roofs in the track's stable area, a project that will help reduce stable temperatures normally hiked by the South Florida sun.
A backstretch improvement program has begun at Hollywood Casino at Penn National, which will spend up to $10 million over the next 10 years to build new barns, refurbish old ones, and make other barn-area upgrades.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies