Shug's Hope won the sixth race at Sunland Park March 21 and became the first winner for New Mexico stallion Shame On Charlie, a full brother to dual champion filly Indian Blessing.
Tim Ritchey and Beverly Frazier's Dancing Afleet upset the $300,000 Delaware Oaks (gr. II) at Delaware Park on July 13, winning her third straight race while getting her first graded stakes victory at odds of 9-1.
Academy Award, a graded stakes-winning son of Secretariat, was euthanized Aug. 24 at Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement near Georgetown, Ky., because of complications from chronic laminitis.
Purse bonuses under the Delaware Certified Thoroughbred Program at Delaware Park were increased June 1.
The Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association board of directors announced the appointment of Bessie S. Gruwell as the association's executive director, effective Jan. 1.
Most Popular Stories
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31