The Washington Thoroughbred industry's annual salute to its year-end champions took place Feb. 27 with Stryker Phd honored as Washington horse of the year for the second straight year.
Average yearling prices at the 2013 Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's Summer Yearling and Mixed Sale Aug. 20 increased 33.6% over 2012.
Oregon stallion Cascadian came through with his first winner Nov. 13 when his son Cascadiansasquatch won the Bill Wineberg Stakes.
Cascadian, an 8-year-old son of Seattle Slew and half-brother to champion Blushing John, has been relocated to Bar C Racing Stables near Hermiston, Ore.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake