The Washington Thoroughbred industry's annual salute to its year-end champions took place Feb. 27 with Stryker Phd honored as Washington horse of the year for the second straight year.
Average yearling prices at the 2013 Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's Summer Yearling and Mixed Sale Aug. 20 increased 33.6% over 2012.
Oregon stallion Cascadian came through with his first winner Nov. 13 when his son Cascadiansasquatch won the Bill Wineberg Stakes.
Cascadian, an 8-year-old son of Seattle Slew and half-brother to champion Blushing John, has been relocated to Bar C Racing Stables near Hermiston, Ore.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- White Beauty Lineage