The Washington Thoroughbred industry's annual salute to its year-end champions took place Feb. 27 with Stryker Phd honored as Washington horse of the year for the second straight year.
Average yearling prices at the 2013 Washington Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association's Summer Yearling and Mixed Sale Aug. 20 increased 33.6% over 2012.
Oregon stallion Cascadian came through with his first winner Nov. 13 when his son Cascadiansasquatch won the Bill Wineberg Stakes.
Cascadian, an 8-year-old son of Seattle Slew and half-brother to champion Blushing John, has been relocated to Bar C Racing Stables near Hermiston, Ore.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field