The former business managers for retired riders Laffit Pincay and Chris McCarron lost their bankruptcy case earlier this month, leaving the ex-jockeys closer to receiving millions of dollars in court-awarded judgments.
Favored Cool Conductor showed plenty of versatility in winning his first graded stakes Saturday, the $250,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT), coming from off the pace with jockey Jose Santos to nip Bankruptcy Court by neck in the final strides.
A group of 10 3-year-olds passed the entry box for Saturday's Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT), one of the season's last major stakes races restricted to sophomores. Al and Saundra Kirkwood's European import Gwaihir is the highweighted entry at 117 pounds.
Fair Grounds, which was scheduled to submit a bankruptcy reorganization plan by March 29, has been granted an extension of April 15 by U.S. Bankruptcy Court.
Most Popular Stories
- Pedigree Analysis: Olympia
- Laurel Cancels Racing Due to Water Main Break
- American Pharoah to Haskell
- Filly First Winner for Here Comes Ben
- 'Evolution of Racing' Approaches in Lexington
- Catalog Online for Barretts Select Sale
- Main Sequence Class of Loaded United Nations
- New Whip Rule's First Day No Problem in SoCal
- KY Horse Park Transitioning to Black Fences
- Los Alamitos Enjoys Opening-Day Handle Spike