Jim Bolger could be thought of as the 'little giant' in the Irish arena, given the magnitude of what he has accomplished while operating on a small scale.
The 4-year-old daughter of Holy Roman Emperor out of the Kris S mare My Renee won last year's Ribblesdale (Eng-II) and Keeneland Royal Whip (Eng-II) Stakes.
Trainer Chad Brown confirmed Martin Schwartz's Zagora for a title defense in the Diana Stakes, a 1 1/8-mile race for fillies and mares July 28, after the mare breezed four furlongs on the Oklahoma training track.
Mystical Star got sweet revenge in the $200,000 New York Stakes (gr. IIT) June 30 at Belmont, experiencing no difficulties at the start to keep her from victory as she did in the May 26 Sheepshead Bay (gr. IIT) last time out.
Flaxman Holdings' top-class turf mare Aruna will face a new contender in the $200,000 New York Stakes (gr. IIT) at Belmont Park June 30, when trainer Chad Brown sends Banimpire to her U.S. debut.
Banimpire is headed to this country to continue her racing career after commanding $3,099,370 during the opening session of the Goffs November breeding stock sale in Ireland.
An evenly-matched field of 11 fillies will go to the post in the $475,888 Qatar Prix de l'Opera (Fr-I) at Longchamp Oct. 2.
Blue Bunting repelled the late challenge of Vita Nova to win the $483,500 Darley Yorkshire Oaks (Eng-I) by three-quarters of a length at York Racecourse Aug. 18.
Blue Bunting got up in the final stride to nip Banimpire at the wire, claiming a hard-earned victory in the $601,588 Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Jockey Club 2014 Fact Book Posted Online
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury
- Constitution to Make Stakes Debut in FL Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Maryland-Based Owner Arnold Heft Dies at 94
- New York Owner/Breeder Bomze Dies at 76