Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) when he rallied from dead last to overtake pacestting Presious Passion in deep stretch to capture the $3 million event at Santa Anita Nov. 7.
- By Tracy Gantz
England's Triple Crown finale, the Ladbrokes St. Leger (Eng-I), isn't considered a normal route to the Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT). But Michael Stoute hasn't ruled England's training ranks for years by playing it safe.
Zabeel Racing International's Stream of Gold won for the first time in nearly three years, and recorded his first win on American soil March 16, as the 7-year-old gelding scored by a neck over True Cause in the $150,000 Mac Diarmida Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Gulfstream Park turf.
Ouija Board, impressive winner of last year's VO5 Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), has suffered an injury, and classic winner North Light has been retired.
A pelvic injury forced the retirement of North Light, winner of the 2004 Vodafone Epsom Derby (Eng-I) and runner-up in the Irish equivalent, the Budweiser Irish Derby (Ire-I).
Peter Wragg, a prominent bloodstock agent who was the brother of trainer Geoff and a son of champion jockey and leading trainer Harry, died last week at the age of 76 after a lengthy illness.
Islington, an Eclipse Award finalist following her win in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT), is booked to prominent stallion Rainbow Quest.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale