The International Racing Festival at Istanbul's Veliefendi Racecourse kicked off Thursday, Sept. 3, with victories by Irish-breds in the two featured stakes.
Eagle Mountain emerged a comfortable winner of the Dec. 14 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin, a race that will also be remembered for tales of what might have been.
The well-traveled South African star Jay Peg added the group I, $3 million Singapore Airlines International Cup to his record when he blew away his rivals over 2,000 meters in a superlative effort at Kranji May 18.
Archipenko produced an imposing stretch run under Kevin Shea to mow down his rivals in the Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) for trainer Mike de Kock before 48,459 at Sha Tin April 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat