The International Racing Festival at Istanbul's Veliefendi Racecourse kicked off Thursday, Sept. 3, with victories by Irish-breds in the two featured stakes.
Eagle Mountain emerged a comfortable winner of the Dec. 14 Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin, a race that will also be remembered for tales of what might have been.
The well-traveled South African star Jay Peg added the group I, $3 million Singapore Airlines International Cup to his record when he blew away his rivals over 2,000 meters in a superlative effort at Kranji May 18.
Archipenko produced an imposing stretch run under Kevin Shea to mow down his rivals in the Audemars Piguet Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) for trainer Mike de Kock before 48,459 at Sha Tin April 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby