Jockey Martin Dwyer's Thursday flight from England to ride Winterbeck Manor Stud's Phoenix Reach in Saturday's 24th running of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) was canceled following arrests in London connected to discovery of a terrorist bomb plot.
Vanderlin, a 6-year-old son of Halling, made his North American debut a winning one, capturing the (U.S.) $195,206 Play the King Stakes (Can-II) by a head Saturday at Woodbine.
The British-based Silver Highlight, a daughter of Silver Charm, broke her maiden in style when she captured the $252,400 Wonder Where Stakes Sunday on the Woodbine turf course.
Trainer Andrew Balding made his first UAE runner a winning one when Martin Dwyer produced Phoenix Reach with a devastating turn of foot to mow down his rivals in the 12-furlong Dubai Sheema Classic (UAE-I) on the grass Saturday at Nad Al Sheba.
Ivor G. Balding, who trained for prominent breeder/owner C.V. Whitney, died Jan. 21 at his Camden, S.C., home.
Ivor Balding, the leading trainer at Saratoga in 1966 who was associated for many years with owner C.V. Whitney, died Jan. 21. He was 96.
Jockey Kieren Fallon will be investigated by British racing officials after a questionable ride in a race Tuesday at Lingfield.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return