Jockey Martin Dwyer's Thursday flight from England to ride Winterbeck Manor Stud's Phoenix Reach in Saturday's 24th running of the Arlington Million (gr. IT) was canceled following arrests in London connected to discovery of a terrorist bomb plot.
Vanderlin, a 6-year-old son of Halling, made his North American debut a winning one, capturing the (U.S.) $195,206 Play the King Stakes (Can-II) by a head Saturday at Woodbine.
The British-based Silver Highlight, a daughter of Silver Charm, broke her maiden in style when she captured the $252,400 Wonder Where Stakes Sunday on the Woodbine turf course.
Trainer Andrew Balding made his first UAE runner a winning one when Martin Dwyer produced Phoenix Reach with a devastating turn of foot to mow down his rivals in the 12-furlong Dubai Sheema Classic (UAE-I) on the grass Saturday at Nad Al Sheba.
Ivor G. Balding, who trained for prominent breeder/owner C.V. Whitney, died Jan. 21 at his Camden, S.C., home.
Ivor Balding, the leading trainer at Saratoga in 1966 who was associated for many years with owner C.V. Whitney, died Jan. 21. He was 96.
Jockey Kieren Fallon will be investigated by British racing officials after a questionable ride in a race Tuesday at Lingfield.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- 3 Kentucky Derby Longshots to Consider
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains