Wild Fit figures to be a solid choice in the $250,000 Las Virgenes (gr. I) for 3-year-old fillies, one of two grade I races on Santa Anita's Saturday program.
The first of three pools of betting in Churchill Downs' 2006 Kentucky Oaks Future Wager drew to a close Sunday evening with the mutuel field standing as a solid 7-2 favorite over individual 3-year-old filly stars Folklore and Wild Fit.
Accomplishments for the 11 2-year-old fillies in Sunday's $447,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) were few even if several appeared to have big potential. The winner, 39-1 outsider Diplomat Lady, trounced by Wild Fit in the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) in August, wasn't thought to be one of them.
A showdown matching the dual stakes winner Balance and dazzling maiden race winner Meetmeinthewoods will be the focal point of Sunday's $447,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
True Xena, a game second in the Moccasin Stakes in her last start, worked a bullet five furlongs at Santa Anita on Sunday in her final drill for the $250,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at 1 1/16 miles next Sunday.
Balance, a disqualification away from being undefeated, successfully made the transition from turf to dirt while rolling to a 1 3/4-length victory under jockey Victor Espinoza in Sunday's $100,000 Sharp Cat Stakes for 2-year-old fillies at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes