Dean's Kitten, owned by Ken and Sarah Ramsey, has been installed as the lukewarm 7-2 morning line favorite in the $150,000 Hawthorne Derby (gr. IIIT). Eight 3-year-olds were entered in the 1 1/8-mile turf event.
The field for this weekend's Louisiana Derby (gr. II) is similar to the recently concluded Florida Derby (gr. I) in one important way: Both major Kentucky Derby preps drew full fields of promising but unproven 3-year-olds.
The $750,000 Louisiana Derby (gr. II) at Fair Grounds on Saturday, March 27, has drawn a field of 13, headed by Risen Star Stakes (gr. II) winner Discreetly Mine.
Most Popular Stories
- Lenny's Place: Belmont Stakes Episode
- American Pharoah Gets First Look at Belmont
- American Pharoah Arrives at Belmont
- Racing Leaders: Triple Crown Would Lift Sport
- Zayat Stables Inks Promo Deal for 'Pharoah'
- Commentary: 'If Florida Can, We All Can'
- Coolmore: Zenyatta's Dam Vertigineux Has Died
- Belmont Stakes: Frammento Gets a Bath
- Belmont Stakes: Bob Baffert Presser
- American Pharoah Heading to the Track