WinStar Farm is auctioning off memorabilia on eBay.com. All sale proceeds will go to four designated industry and area charities. The online auction of four separate offerings began May 21 and will close May 29.
"The Derby Preview," a dinner and auction that has traditionally kicked off Kentucky Derby week, is scheduled for April 29 at the Crowne Plaza Louisville.
Derby winning jockey Calvin Borel and trainer Carl Nafzger are among the celebrity bartenders who will take part in a fundraising event supporting the Backside Learning Center and the Race for Education to be held at the Kentucky Derby Museum next to Churchill Downs following the running of the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) Saturday.
Immediately following the June 16 Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I), the Kentucky Derby Museum in Louisville will host a happy hour with local "celebrity" bartenders. The event will support the Backside Learning Center and the Race for Education. Presented by the Equine Wellness Foundation to benefit horsemen's education, special guests will serve their favorite drinks.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- Materiality New KY Derby Shooter for Pletcher
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Daredevil, Frosted Post Final Works for Wood
- FL Derby Day Sets Handle Record
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- State Control of NYRA Extended Another Year
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot