Grade I winner Let Faith Arise, offered in foal to leading sire Tapit, was the first horse to crack the seven-figure barrier at the Fasig-Tipton November sale Nov. 1, selling to $2.1 million to Marie Jones.
Let Faith Arise had to dig deep to pull out the $100,000 Adoration Stakes (gr. III) by a short neck as the 1-2 favorite May 18 at Santa Anita Park, getting the nod over stubborn pacesetter Yahilwa at the wire.
Seeking her first graded stakes win, Let Faith Arise put away pace rivals Fiftyshadesofhay and Iotapa in the stretch to win the $350,000 Santa Margarita Stakes (gr. I) March 15 at Santa Anita Park.
Southern Equine Stable's Hello Lucky came from off the pace to produce a 33-1 upset in Saturday's $113,600 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for sprinting fillies and mares at Santa Anita.
Jockey Jon Court hopes to continue the success he's had with the connections of Secret Scheme in Saturday's grade III Las Flores Handicap for older fillies and mares at six furlongs over Santa Anita's main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Rich Tapestry's Korea Sprint Start in Doubt
- Barretts Select Yearling Sale Stays Even
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp