Grade I winner Let Faith Arise, offered in foal to leading sire Tapit, was the first horse to crack the seven-figure barrier at the Fasig-Tipton November sale Nov. 1, selling to $2.1 million to Marie Jones.
Let Faith Arise had to dig deep to pull out the $100,000 Adoration Stakes (gr. III) by a short neck as the 1-2 favorite May 18 at Santa Anita Park, getting the nod over stubborn pacesetter Yahilwa at the wire.
Seeking her first graded stakes win, Let Faith Arise put away pace rivals Fiftyshadesofhay and Iotapa in the stretch to win the $350,000 Santa Margarita Stakes (gr. I) March 15 at Santa Anita Park.
Southern Equine Stable's Hello Lucky came from off the pace to produce a 33-1 upset in Saturday's $113,600 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for sprinting fillies and mares at Santa Anita.
Jockey Jon Court hopes to continue the success he's had with the connections of Secret Scheme in Saturday's grade III Las Flores Handicap for older fillies and mares at six furlongs over Santa Anita's main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Fasig-Tipton Adds New Sale Aimed at Turf Prospects
- Rowand Shared His Experiences Owning, Breeding Horses
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate