Grade I winner Let Faith Arise, offered in foal to leading sire Tapit, was the first horse to crack the seven-figure barrier at the Fasig-Tipton November sale Nov. 1, selling to $2.1 million to Marie Jones.
Let Faith Arise had to dig deep to pull out the $100,000 Adoration Stakes (gr. III) by a short neck as the 1-2 favorite May 18 at Santa Anita Park, getting the nod over stubborn pacesetter Yahilwa at the wire.
Seeking her first graded stakes win, Let Faith Arise put away pace rivals Fiftyshadesofhay and Iotapa in the stretch to win the $350,000 Santa Margarita Stakes (gr. I) March 15 at Santa Anita Park.
Southern Equine Stable's Hello Lucky came from off the pace to produce a 33-1 upset in Saturday's $113,600 Las Flores Handicap (gr. III) for sprinting fillies and mares at Santa Anita.
Jockey Jon Court hopes to continue the success he's had with the connections of Secret Scheme in Saturday's grade III Las Flores Handicap for older fillies and mares at six furlongs over Santa Anita's main track.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet