Black Fighter became the first Azerbaijani-bred winner in the U.S. when the 3-year-old colt captured a maiden claiming test as the favorite Jan. 19 at Turfway Park.
Teeth of the Dog, a 15-1 shot for the May 19 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), was bred by a farm with roots in Azerbaijan.
The Azeri Horse Club, MAG Company Ltd., and Cedar Meadow Inc. [CMI) announced that 11-year-old Irish Conquest will stand at the Azeri Horse Club facility in Baku in Azerbaijan in 2005.
The Union of Horse-Breeding Development of Georgia and Cedar Meadow Inc. announced that 6-year-old Chairman (Deputy Minister--Dance Colony, by Pleasant Colony) will stand at Kulari Stud in the Republic of Georgia.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory