After posting a four-length victory in the local prep race for the Azalea Stakes (gr. III), Rontos Racing Stable's Wildcat Lily will enter the six-furlong sprint for 3-year-old fillies July 6 in top form.
Benefiting from a patient ride by Luca Panici, Another Romance rallied from last to win the six-furlong Azalea Stakes (gr. III) on the "Summit of Speed" card at Calder Race Course & Casino July 7.
Nine 3-year-old filly sprinters, including the top two finishers from the Leave Me Alone Stakes, have been entered for the $150,000 Azalea Stakes (gr. III) going six furlongs on the July 7 "Summit of Speed" card at Calder.
Indiano, last year's champion 2-year-old in Panama, earned his first U.S. graded stakes victory with a decisive win in the Carry Back (gr. II) July 9 at Calder. One race earlier, Devilish Lady captured the Azalea Stakes.
Terra Di Sienna's Pica Slew caught pacesetter Rapport at the eighth-pole and cruised to a two-length win in the $150,000 Azalea Stakes (gr. III) July 10 at Calder Race Course.
Remarkable 3-year-old sprinter D'Funnybone, entering off an authoritative victory last month, will be an overwhelming favorite in a short field entered for the $200,000 Carry Back Stakes (gr. III) July 10 at Calder.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Determined Isla Bonita Wins Japanese Guineas