Just as he did last time out, Rapid Redux held off a stretch bid from Awesome Rhythm at Laurel Park to continue his record-setting win streak, which has now reached 22 in a row.
Rapid Redux tied the modern-day United States record for wins in a single season Dec. 13, as he went wire-to-wire in a $5,000 starter allowance race at Laurel Park.
Toccet, sire of 2009 Sovereign Award finalist Awesome Rhythm, will stand at Dana Point Farm near Lenhartsville, Pa.
Overlooked Palladio swept past Awesome Rhythm approaching the eighth pole en route to a two-length victory at odds of 9-1 in the $147,965 Autumn Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine Nov. 14.
Making his first stakes appearance against older horses, Queen's Plate victor Eye of the Leopard has no easy task, facing several multiple added-money winners in the $150,000 Autumn (Can-II) at Woodbine Nov. 14.
While America's 3-year-old sweetheart Rachel Alexandra is frolicking at the Jersey Shore Aug. 2 in the Haskell Invitational (gr. I) at Monmouth Park, and a deep, well-matched group of colts gather in the Adirondacks for the Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) at Saratoga, the winner of the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! brands (gr. I) for the first time in history will be out in the Appalachians, showing off in front of the Mountaineer Park crowd in the West Virginia Derby (gr. II).
Mine That Bird will make his first racing appearance since the Triple Crown when he faces five other 3-year-olds in the $750,000, West Virginia Derby (gr. II) at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort.
Organized horse racing in West Virginia dates back at least 223 years, but no horse who has won the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) has ever competed in the Mountaineer State before. That status is going to change on Aug. 1, when Mine That Bird goes to the post in the $750,000 West Virginia Derby (gr. II) at Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Average Spikes at Barretts March Sale
- Look Back: Searching Finds Victory in 1956 Top Flight
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Tequilita Hopes to Go Distance in Gulfstream Oaks