Even-money favorite Seattle Smooth took over coming off the turn and rolled to a dominating 5 3/4-length victory in a scratch-filled running of the $142,500 Bed o' Roses Handicap (gr. II) April 18 at Aqueduct.
This week, Jason and Evan analyze the Lexus Raven Run Stakes (gr. II) at Keeneland on October 18. Plus, Cary Fotias of Equiform looks at two October 18 races from Oak Tree at Santa Anita.
With main rival Country Star scratched after throwing her jockey while in the starting gate, Godolphin's Music Note won the $237,500 Gazelle Stakes (gr. I) in little more than a walkover over three rivals at Belmont Park Sept. 13.
Godolphin Stable's Music Note, making her case for the 3-year-old filly championship in 2008, can add to her argument when she takes on a small field of four rivals in the $250,000 Gazelle Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park Sept. 13.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale
- Jockey Club Opposes Multiple Violator Changes
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Symposium Documents Racing's Racino Problem
- Sunbean Seeks Third Louisiana Classic Win