Making her first start outside her native Brazil, Stud TNT's Old Tune showed an affinity for her new surroundings when she won the $150,000 Endeavor Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Tampa Bay Downs Feb. 2.
Nine 3-year-old filly sprinters, including the top two finishers from the Leave Me Alone Stakes, have been entered for the $150,000 Azalea Stakes (gr. III) going six furlongs on the July 7 "Summit of Speed" card at Calder.
Awesome Belle, Bet to Win, and Say a Novena, all consistent performers until their most recent stakes efforts, will try to take a step back in the right direction when they contest the Old Hat (gr. III) Jan. 1 at Gulfstream.
Florida-based Fred Brei and Stanley Gold won the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies with Awesome Feather in 2010, and are back at Churchill Downs again with Awesome Belle and Fort Loudon, both homebreds by Awesome of Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss