Making her first start outside her native Brazil, Stud TNT's Old Tune showed an affinity for her new surroundings when she won the $150,000 Endeavor Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Tampa Bay Downs Feb. 2.
Nine 3-year-old filly sprinters, including the top two finishers from the Leave Me Alone Stakes, have been entered for the $150,000 Azalea Stakes (gr. III) going six furlongs on the July 7 "Summit of Speed" card at Calder.
Awesome Belle, Bet to Win, and Say a Novena, all consistent performers until their most recent stakes efforts, will try to take a step back in the right direction when they contest the Old Hat (gr. III) Jan. 1 at Gulfstream.
Florida-based Fred Brei and Stanley Gold won the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies with Awesome Feather in 2010, and are back at Churchill Downs again with Awesome Belle and Fort Loudon, both homebreds by Awesome of Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping