Oklahoma Thoroughbred Retirement Program is the July recipient of the Thoroughbred Charities of America's Award of Merit.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the recipients of its Award of Merit honored at breeders associations' awards ceremonies in May.
No award given to John Nerud could be more appropriately named than the Award of Merit.
At the National Turf Writers Association's annual awards dinner just before the 2000 Breeders' Cup, Jim McKay couldn't help taking a jab at those honoring him with the Joe Palmer Award for meritorious service to racing.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Making a Case for Transparency
- American Pharoah Draws Post 2 for Travers
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field