Thoroughbred Charities of America has named John Evans as its first Award of Merit recipient of 2016.
Oklahoma Thoroughbred Retirement Program is the July recipient of the Thoroughbred Charities of America's Award of Merit.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the recipients of its Award of Merit honored at breeders associations' awards ceremonies in May.
No award given to John Nerud could be more appropriately named than the Award of Merit.
At the National Turf Writers Association's annual awards dinner just before the 2000 Breeders' Cup, Jim McKay couldn't help taking a jab at those honoring him with the Joe Palmer Award for meritorious service to racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Black Hornet Returns to Defend Vigil Title