Thoroughbred Charities of America has named John Evans as its first Award of Merit recipient of 2016.
Oklahoma Thoroughbred Retirement Program is the July recipient of the Thoroughbred Charities of America's Award of Merit.
Thoroughbred Charities of America has announced the recipients of its Award of Merit honored at breeders associations' awards ceremonies in May.
No award given to John Nerud could be more appropriately named than the Award of Merit.
At the National Turf Writers Association's annual awards dinner just before the 2000 Breeders' Cup, Jim McKay couldn't help taking a jab at those honoring him with the Joe Palmer Award for meritorious service to racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation