Santa Anita Park's 2015 autumn meet will be highlighted by six grade I Breeders' Cup Challenge races, the Southern California track announced July 22.
Queen's Plate winner Lexie Lou won her first start outside Canada with an eye-catching burst of speed in the drive to take the $100,000 Autumn Miss Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 25 over the Santa Anita turf.
Sixty-year-old jockey Perry Ouzts was planning to visit Santa Anita as a spectator during a vacation with his wife, but instead landed his first mount at the California track in the Oct. 25 Autumn Miss Stakes.
Southern California race fans will get a rare look at a Queen's Plate winner when Lexie Lou takes on a full field of 3-year-old fillies in the $100,000 Autumn Miss Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 25 on the Santa Anita turf.
Wishing Gate made her 7-5 odds look like a gift as she overcame a wide starting berth to claim the $100,000 Autumn Miss Stakes (gr. III) while easily the best Oct. 26 on turf at Santa Anita Park.
Wishing Gate, second in the Del Mar Oaks (gr. I) this summer, heads a well-matched field of 11 sophomore fillies in the $100,000 Autumn Miss Stakes (gr. IIIT) at one mile on turf Oct. 26 at Santa Anita Park.
Mercedes Stable homebred Lady Ten had her consistency rewarded Oct. 27 when she inched away from the pack late in the $100,000 Autumn Miss Stakes (gr.IIIT) and held on to win at Santa Anita Park.
Eleven sophomore fillies will have a chance to win their first graded stakes in the $100,000 Autumn Miss Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 27 on the Santa Anita Park turf.
Most Popular Stories
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Decisive Moment Back in Presque Isle Mile
- Texas Tracks Prepare for Sept. 1 Shutdown
- Travers Registers Best Ratings in 20 Years