Former Keeneland sales marketing associate Chauncey Morris, now CEO of Aushorse, is promoting the Australian Thoroughbred to the world and with great success. read blog
Chauncey Morris, a sales marketing associate at Keeneland, has been named chief executive officer of Thoroughbred Breeders of Australia.
Due to mounting pressure by heavyweight Australian breeders on Inglis and Magic Millions to rethink their previously announced new dates for the all-important sales series in Australia next year, one of the auction companies -- Inglis -- has yielded. It announced revised dates for its marquee Easter yearling sale.
At a July 20 meeting of Thoroughbred Breeders Australia Limited, the board elected John Messara as president of the association.
Australia's Thoroughbred breeders have taken a significant step toward unity with a merger of its two leading bodies. Thoroughbred Breeders Australia (TBA) and Aushorse jointly announced their amalgamation in a press statement earlier this month.
Prominent Australian horseman and Aushorse chairman John Messara says that legalization of artificial insemination for Thoroughbreds would have negative long-term genetic and commercial consequences.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Keen Ice Tired After Travers, 'Classic' Ahead
- Navarro Mulling BC Dirt Mile for Private Zone
- Tiz Love First Winner for Slew's Tiznow
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Site Read Favored in With Anticipation
- NY Fan Forum: Focus on Customer Service
- Travers Day Handle Just Shy of $50 Million
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon