Former Keeneland sales marketing associate Chauncey Morris, now CEO of Aushorse, is promoting the Australian Thoroughbred to the world and with great success. read blog
Chauncey Morris, a sales marketing associate at Keeneland, has been named chief executive officer of Thoroughbred Breeders of Australia.
Due to mounting pressure by heavyweight Australian breeders on Inglis and Magic Millions to rethink their previously announced new dates for the all-important sales series in Australia next year, one of the auction companies -- Inglis -- has yielded. It announced revised dates for its marquee Easter yearling sale.
At a July 20 meeting of Thoroughbred Breeders Australia Limited, the board elected John Messara as president of the association.
Australia's Thoroughbred breeders have taken a significant step toward unity with a merger of its two leading bodies. Thoroughbred Breeders Australia (TBA) and Aushorse jointly announced their amalgamation in a press statement earlier this month.
Prominent Australian horseman and Aushorse chairman John Messara says that legalization of artificial insemination for Thoroughbreds would have negative long-term genetic and commercial consequences.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win