Former Keeneland sales marketing associate Chauncey Morris, now CEO of Aushorse, is promoting the Australian Thoroughbred to the world and with great success. read blog
Chauncey Morris, a sales marketing associate at Keeneland, has been named chief executive officer of Thoroughbred Breeders of Australia.
Due to mounting pressure by heavyweight Australian breeders on Inglis and Magic Millions to rethink their previously announced new dates for the all-important sales series in Australia next year, one of the auction companies -- Inglis -- has yielded. It announced revised dates for its marquee Easter yearling sale.
At a July 20 meeting of Thoroughbred Breeders Australia Limited, the board elected John Messara as president of the association.
Australia's Thoroughbred breeders have taken a significant step toward unity with a merger of its two leading bodies. Thoroughbred Breeders Australia (TBA) and Aushorse jointly announced their amalgamation in a press statement earlier this month.
Prominent Australian horseman and Aushorse chairman John Messara says that legalization of artificial insemination for Thoroughbreds would have negative long-term genetic and commercial consequences.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Two Derby Hopefuls Boast Derby-Winning Sires
- Mubtaahij in 'Missed Work' at Arlington
- No Catching Cinco Charlie in William Walker
- StarLadies On Oaks Trail With Eskenformoney
- Carpe Diem Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Effinex Wins Excelsior, Wicked Strong Third
- Longshot Si Sage Stuns Field in Last Tycoon
- Longshot Rerun Marches to Miami Mile Score