Au Moon, the former resident equine at the Kentucky Derby Museum, was euthanized following surgery for a soft tissue injury he suffered in his first race after coming out of retirement.
Au Moon, the 9-year-old brought out of retirement after greeting guests at the Kentucky Derby Museum, did not finish and was vanned off in his first race back at Monmouth Park Aug. 8.
Au Moon, who went to the track several times a week during his stint greeting visitors to the Kentucky Derby Museum, is now back in training with David Carroll at age 9.
This week, Jason and Tom analyze the Risen Star (gr. III) at Fair Grounds on Saturday, February 7. Also Brisnet's handicapping expert The Wizard's Spotlight Play is Race 3 at Fair Grounds on Saturday.
Friesan Fire, a talented 3-year-old colt who had disappointed in his last three starts, finally showed why trainer Larry Jones considered him a legitimate Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) prospect from the outset.
Triple Crown Talk blog, with host Jason Shandler, looks at the LeComte Stakes, the first important graded earnings test for Kentucky Derby Hopefuls.
Jason and Evan analyze the LeComte Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds on Saturday, January 10. The Wizard's Spotlight Play is Fair Grounds Race 2 on Saturday, January 10.
Indygo Mountain, who broke his maiden impressively Nov. 19 at Churchill Downs but had to be scratched from his next start because of a minor injury, was installed as the 3-1 morning-line choice in the $100,000 Lecomte Stakes (gr. III) at Fair Grounds Jan. 10.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Champagne Room Earns Toast as Champion 2-Year-Old Filly
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse