A. U. Miner, third in last year's Breeders' Cup Marathon, draws post 11 for this year's renewal. The opener to the Nov. 5 program to be run at 1 3/4 miles.
A.U. Miner, who earned a second automatic berth in the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) by virtue of winning the Greenwood Cup at Parx Racing, has been disqualified from the first-place purse earned in that July 16 victory.
Birdrun, Ponzi Scheme, and A.U. Miner are among the horses entered in the Greenwood Cup, a 1 1/2-mile stakes to be run July 16 at Parx Racing.
Kentucky racing stewards conducted a hearing Nov. 6 with the three jockeys involved in a nearly disastrous bumping incident in the homestretch and an ensuing brawl following the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. III).
A post-race fight between jockey Calvin Borel and rider Javier Castellano upstaged the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. III), the first race on the Nov. 5 Breeders' Cup World Championship card at Churchill Downs.
We all know who the favorites are and who the contenders are. But we also know that no Breeders' Cup is complete without its share of longshots.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees