A. U. Miner, third in last year's Breeders' Cup Marathon, draws post 11 for this year's renewal. The opener to the Nov. 5 program to be run at 1 3/4 miles.
A.U. Miner, who earned a second automatic berth in the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) by virtue of winning the Greenwood Cup at Parx Racing, has been disqualified from the first-place purse earned in that July 16 victory.
Birdrun, Ponzi Scheme, and A.U. Miner are among the horses entered in the Greenwood Cup, a 1 1/2-mile stakes to be run July 16 at Parx Racing.
Kentucky racing stewards conducted a hearing Nov. 6 with the three jockeys involved in a nearly disastrous bumping incident in the homestretch and an ensuing brawl following the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. III).
A post-race fight between jockey Calvin Borel and rider Javier Castellano upstaged the Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. III), the first race on the Nov. 5 Breeders' Cup World Championship card at Churchill Downs.
We all know who the favorites are and who the contenders are. But we also know that no Breeders' Cup is complete without its share of longshots.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- Stanford Among Seven for Curlin Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/28/2015
- Steps Toward Integrity
- Belmont Average Handle, Attendance Decline
- Curalina Gets CCA Oaks After 'Chatterbox' DQ