Perhaps research will end standoff
Six Pennsylvania lawmakers have sent a letter to the state Attorney General's office requesting a criminal investigation of racetrack owner Penn National Gaming Inc.
Jack Conway and his father, Tom, co-own Kentucky Derby contender Stately Victor while the younger Conway also runs for the U.S. Senate
The California attorney general's office has postponed indefinitely Thursday's scheduled formal hearing by Hollywood Park stewards concerning the summary suspension of jockey Pat Valenzuela, which went into effect July 2.
- By Tom Precious
The charges and countercharges battle between the New York Racing Association and New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer continued June 24, with NYRA charging the state's chief law enforcement agent "does not understand NYRA's operations," and that he made "no attempt" to make his damaging report balanced.
The Attorney General of Kentucky has informed the Kentucky Racing Commission that his office will no longer represent the agency as legal counsel.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Los Alamitos Meet Set to Kick Off July 6