American Pharoah's Triple Crown sweep, culminating in his breathtaking victory in the Belmont Stakes presented by DraftKings (gr. I) that ended a 37-year drought, was honored Dec. 24 as the "Sports Story of the Year" by AP.
Richard Hannon, one of British horse racing's most colorful trainers whose owners include Queen Elizabeth II, will retire at the end of year and hand over duties to his son.
A federal appeals court found the operators of a mare-lease program, ClassicStar and GeoStar, actively sought to mislead investors.
A federal judge Feb. 28 upheld a 21-year-old law prohibiting sports betting in 46 of 50 states, dealing a setback to New Jersey's attempts to revive its struggling casino industry.
The rush to improve safety since Eight Belles was euthanized at last year's Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I) did little to curb the number of horses dying at American racetracks in 2008, The Associated Press found in a national count.
- By Ryan Conley
TVG has taken umbrage with a published report about the joint dismissal of a lawsuit brought against the account wagering company by Churchill Downs Inc., claiming there was no settlement involved.
Breeders' Cup will get some major-league media exposure June 22 when two racing industry participants address attendees at the Associated Press Sports Editors Convention in St. Louis, Mo.
An Associated Press photo that appeared in Sunday's New York Post all but puts to rest the investigation of Jose Santos. The photo clearly shows the green Juddmonte Stables' silks of Empire Maker through Santos' outstretched fingers as he is about to raise his whip in triumph.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas