The last reported son of Northern Dancer standing at stud, Shotiche, died Sept. 8 at Boehlke Ranch near Waverly, Minn., where he stood for 10 seasons. The graded stakes-winning stallion died from natural causes.
Smith Farm and Stable's New Jersey-bred Javerre won his first graded- stakes race Feb. 18, taking the $250,000 General George Handicap (gr. III) at Laurel Park.
Off a smashing victory in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint, Groupie Doll, from the outside post of 7, challenges a salty cast of older runners in the Nov. 24 Cigar Mile at Aqueduct.
Godolphin Racing's Buffum came out running and never stopped as he posted a gate-to-wire score in the $150,000 Bold Ruler Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park Oct. 27.
There aren't many grade I races in California that Hall of Fame trainer Bob Baffert hasn't won, but the Malibu Stakes is one of them. He'll take a mighty whack this year with four entrants, including The Factor.
Associate took advantage of his inside post position, saving ground early before rallying to catch Band Is Passing in the final strides in Saturday's $150,000 Appleton Handicap (gr. IIT) at Gulfstream Park. Last year's Appleton winner Band Is Passing missed by a neck in his repeat bid, finishing second, a head in front of El Mirasol.
Most Popular Stories
- Milestone 5,000th Win for Jockey Bravo
- American Pharoah Gallops Again at Churchill
- Texas Air Seeks Upset in Lone Star 'Cap
- Undefeated Promise Me Silver Aiming for Acorn
- Why I Want a Triple Crown Winner
- Frammento 'Developing Nicely' for Belmont
- Southern Honey Seeks Repeat in Winning Colors
- Xtra Luck Goes Distance for Louisville Win
- Trujillo to Move Tack to Monmouth Park
- Firing Line Returns to Track at Santa Anita