Steve Haskin and Lenny Shulman discuss throwback horses after Comma to the Top's recent efforts, Salix in the Breeders' Cup, Vyjack, and recent events. watch video
A Jefferson District Court jury found jockey Robby Albarado guilty of fourth-degree assault July 12 after hearing evidence about an incident involving a former girlfriend, Carolina Martinez.
W.C. Heinz, whose account of the breakdown of Triple Crown winner Assault's full brother became a racing classic, died Feb. 27 in Bennington, Vt.
April 9, 1946
In the seventh of 11 installments on previous Triple Crown winners, here is an excerpt from The Blood-Horse issue of June 8, 1946 on Assault winning the Belmont Stakes to complete the Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World