The Asian Racing Conference slated for January 2016 in Mumbai, India, will be a checkpoint to determine progress on key issues facing international racing, Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges said April 24.
The annual meeting of Asian Racing Federation members will be held in Mumbai Jan. 24-26. Winfried Englebrecht-Bresges also has been named the new chairman of the ARF.
Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges, chief executive officer-designate of the Hong Kong Jockey Club, is the new chairman of the Asian Racing Federation, which wrapped up its conference in Dubai Jan. 24.
"Racing Without Borders" is the theme of the 31st Asian Racing Conference to be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, from Jan. 21-25, 2007.
The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities has adopted policies that target unauthorized wagering on races.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby