The Asian Racing Conference slated for January 2016 in Mumbai, India, will be a checkpoint to determine progress on key issues facing international racing, Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges said April 24.
The annual meeting of Asian Racing Federation members will be held in Mumbai Jan. 24-26. Winfried Englebrecht-Bresges also has been named the new chairman of the ARF.
Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges, chief executive officer-designate of the Hong Kong Jockey Club, is the new chairman of the Asian Racing Federation, which wrapped up its conference in Dubai Jan. 24.
"Racing Without Borders" is the theme of the 31st Asian Racing Conference to be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, from Jan. 21-25, 2007.
The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities has adopted policies that target unauthorized wagering on races.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Klimt to Stretch Out in FrontRunner