The Asian Racing Conference slated for January 2016 in Mumbai, India, will be a checkpoint to determine progress on key issues facing international racing, Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges said April 24.
The annual meeting of Asian Racing Federation members will be held in Mumbai Jan. 24-26. Winfried Englebrecht-Bresges also has been named the new chairman of the ARF.
Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges, chief executive officer-designate of the Hong Kong Jockey Club, is the new chairman of the Asian Racing Federation, which wrapped up its conference in Dubai Jan. 24.
"Racing Without Borders" is the theme of the 31st Asian Racing Conference to be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, from Jan. 21-25, 2007.
The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities has adopted policies that target unauthorized wagering on races.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana
- The Week in Photos 7/25/2017