The Asian Racing Conference slated for January 2016 in Mumbai, India, will be a checkpoint to determine progress on key issues facing international racing, Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges said April 24.
The annual meeting of Asian Racing Federation members will be held in Mumbai Jan. 24-26. Winfried Englebrecht-Bresges also has been named the new chairman of the ARF.
Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges, chief executive officer-designate of the Hong Kong Jockey Club, is the new chairman of the Asian Racing Federation, which wrapped up its conference in Dubai Jan. 24.
"Racing Without Borders" is the theme of the 31st Asian Racing Conference to be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, from Jan. 21-25, 2007.
The International Federation of Horseracing Authorities has adopted policies that target unauthorized wagering on races.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double