Citation Handicap (gr. IIT) winner Jeranimo rates a solid chance to repeat in the $150,000 San Gabriel Stakes (gr. II) on the Santa Anita turf Jan. 16 in a race that marks the return of millionaire The Usual Q. T.
Favored Sanagas joined the ranks of grade I winners with a dominating triumph for trainer Graham Motion in the $250,000 Hollywood Turf Cup at Hollywood Park Nov. 19.
There is no standout in the grade I Turf Cup, but Norvsky, Bourbon Bay, Falcon Rock, and Sanagas are all major contenders in the 1 1/2-mile race Nov. 19 at Hollywood Park.
Multiple graded stakes winner Bourbon Bay and dual grade I victor Miss Match worked seven furlongs on the Hollywood Park turf course the morning of Nov. 13 in preparation for the Nov. 19 Hollywood Turf Cup (gr. IT).
Precocious Majestic City heads the field for the Hollywood Juvenile Championship Stakes (gr. III) while Acclamation stands out in the Sunset Handicap (gr. IIIT) as the Hollywood Park spring/summer meet ends July 18.
Victor's Cry returns to defend his title in the $300,000 Shoemaker Mile (gr. IT) July 2 at Hollywood Park. While he's no lock to go favored, he's going to get more respect than he did in springing last year's 21-1 shock.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Exaggerator, Nyquist Set for Belmont Rematch
- Exaggerator Turns the Tables, Wins Preakness