Comments from Frankie Dettori after winning the Ascot Gold Cup aboard Colour Vision. watch video
Colour Vision rallied under a strong drive from jockey Frankie Dettori and was able to hold off stablemate Opinion Poll to win the $542,500 Ascot Gold Cup (Eng-I) by a half-length at Royal Ascot June 21.
Ladies' Day, the Gold Cup, and rain dominate Day 3 at Royal Ascot. Sponsored by AmWest Entertainment. Watch Video
Fame And Glory will attempt to emulate his former Ballydoyle stablemate Yeats when he bids for a repeat victory in the $542,500 Ascot Gold Cup (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot June 21.
Yeats etched his name in history by becoming the first horse to win the prestigious Gold Cup (Eng-I) at Royal Ascot for the fourth straight year.
Britain's Ascot Racecourse announced Jan. 6 that prize money for the 2009 royal race meeting June 16-20 has been increased.
Kentucky-bred Tungsten Strike, narrowly beaten in back-to-back group III efforts, found the soft going at Sandown Park to his liking Monday and rolled to a five-length win in the more prestigious Henry II Stakes (Eng-II).
Two-time champion Westerner, runner-up in last year's 2 1/2-mile Ascot Gold Cup (Eng-I), held on to defeat Irish-bred Distinction in this year's renewal by a neck Thursday afternoon at the Royal Ascot meeting at York. The first two across the line are both sons of the late Danehill, sire of 287 stakes winners worldwide.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds