Trainer of Queen's Plate winner Lexie Lou discusses why it is easier for fillies to win the Canadian classic than it is for fillies to win the Kentucky Derby. Listen Now
New York state officials will be holding a session with racing industry officials to consider the installation of synthetic surfaces at the state's racetracks.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Pennsylvania Horse Racing Commission has embarked on a study to determine whether synthetic-surface racing has an impact on horses' bronchial systems.
- By Mark Popham
Martin Collins, creator of the Polytrack artificial surface, said the surface has encountered some problems in North America, but it's still much better than American dirt tracks, which tend to be inconsistent.
Churchill Downs Inc.'s Arlington Park apparently is poised to announce that it has chosen Polytrack for its new synthetic surface, preparations for which already are well underway at the Chicago-area track.
The first meet at Hollywood Park with the artificial Cushion surface on the main track resulted in larger field sizes, larger purses, and increased handle, according to the track.
- By Jack Shinar
The Del Mar Thoroughbred Club gained unanimous approval Sept. 12 to install an $8 million synthetic surface from the board of directors of the agricultural district that oversees the seaside track.
Turfway Park began installing the final layer of its innovative Polytrack racing surface Monday morning, the last step in the Installation of the unique material at the Northern Kentucky Thoroughbred track. The entire project is about three weeks ahead of schedule and is expected to be finished by July 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes