Andre Pater's Red Arrow, 2016 was sold for $276,000, including buyer premium, to top the fourth annual Sporting Art Auction at Keeneland on Nov. 21.
Fast Market was a stakes winner in Canada, and resides at Bright Futures Farm in Pennsylvania, which provides reschooling and retirement, primarily for Thoroughbreds. The auction will benefit Bright Futures Farm.
Steve Penley has been named the official artist for the 2015 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
An original oil painting depicting a morning scene at Santa Anita Park is being sold by an art gallery in New Mexico to benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund.
It doesn't appear live Thoroughbred racing will return to Birmingham Race Course any time soon, but the re-energized Alabama Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said it plans to keep pushing for it.
New art depicting Barbaro and Secretariat will be sold to benefit the Laminitis Fund at the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine's New Bolton Center.
A special dinner and art exhibition at Avalon restaurant in Louisville will pay homage to the legendary Secretariat May 1 at 7 p.m.
The world of the Thoroughbred, as seen by European and American artists, will be represented at the 29th equine art auction of Harness Tracks of America, to be held Oct. 6-7 at the Tattersalls Sales Arena in Lexington.
Nick Martinez, a retired jockey turned equine artist, hopes to paint a brighter picture for those who have suffered in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
The National Museum of Racing in Saratoga Springs, New York will feature original paintings created by Hall of Fame racehorses at the 50th Anniversary Hall of Fame cocktail reception Aug. 6.
Cross Gate Gallery in Lexington will celebrate their 30th year in business on March 4 by hosting a live auction to benefit The Lexington Foundation.
Miscellaneous industry racing news
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment