Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
For the fifth time this century, Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms has won the Queen's Silver Cup awarded to the leading British-based breeder (flat) who has accrued the most prize money in Great Britain and Ireland from mares normally resident in the United Kingdom.
Promising Lead landed her first group I victory with a comfortable 1 1/4-length win over Mad About You in the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh June 28.
Sir Michael Stoute, who has saddled such notable winners of the Princess Margaret Stakes (Eng-III) as classic winner Russian Rhythm and group II winner Enthused, added another potential star to that group when the filly Visit captured this year's renewal at Ascot on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code