Claire Novak reports trackside from Churchill Downs on news for the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks. Learn of the morning storms, works by Tapiture, Hoppertunity, and Ria Antonia. See footage of California Chrome unloading! watch video
Claire Novak reports trackside from Churchill Downs on news for the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks. Learn of the morning storms, works by Tapiture, Hoppertunity, and Ria Antonia. See footage of California Chrome unloading from his flight, and more!
Glen Andred Stud's Robert Percival, who has been breeding Thoroughbreds in England for more than 50 years, was presented with the Andrew Devonshire Bronze at the Thoroughbred Breeders' Association's Annual Awards Lunch at the Hyatt Regency Churchill Hotel in London Jan. 6.
For the fifth time this century, Khalid Abdullah's Juddmonte Farms has won the Queen's Silver Cup awarded to the leading British-based breeder (flat) who has accrued the most prize money in Great Britain and Ireland from mares normally resident in the United Kingdom.
Promising Lead landed her first group I victory with a comfortable 1 1/4-length win over Mad About You in the Audi Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh June 28.
Sir Michael Stoute, who has saddled such notable winners of the Princess Margaret Stakes (Eng-III) as classic winner Russian Rhythm and group II winner Enthused, added another potential star to that group when the filly Visit captured this year's renewal at Ascot on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star