Federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials are declining to confirm or deny whether 16 men arrested in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. earlier this week on immigration violations had employment connections to the city's Thoroughbred racetrack.
Three trainers and a clocker based at Penn National Race Course were arrested Friday, Nov. 22 after a federal grand jury indicted them on fraud charges in connection with races and workouts at the Grantville, Pa. track.
Jockey Kent Desormeaux was arrested at Saratoga the evening of Aug. 31 after he attempted to strike a security guard with his car, police said.
Florida-based jockey Eibar Coa was jailed Monday, Jan. 31 on a domestic battery charge after his wife told police Coa punched her in the face, according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Jacks Masterpiece First Winner for Smiling Tiger