A winning Mastercraftsman colt named Dance of Life was bought for a sale record €400,000 (US$445,061) July 1, the final day of the Arqana summer sale, which closed with record sales.
A pair of 3-year-olds offered in close succession during day two of the Arqana summer sale July 2 each sold for the sale-topping price of â‚¬380,000 (US$ 421,560), a record price for the two-day auction.
Boosted by demand for 2-year-olds in training and a healthy National Hunt market, the Arqana summer sale closed July 4 with a record in total receipts.
The Arqana summer sale at Deauville in France is scheduled for July 2-4.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf