An Invincible Spirit half brother to 2013 Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita sold for seven figures at the second session of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale Aug. 17.
Fillies by Monsun and Galileo cracked the seven-figure barrier Aug. 16 at the opening session of the elite Arqana Deauville yearling sale, which saw strong trade throughout.
A filly from the first crop of European champion and classic winner Makfi sold for the highest price of 210,000 ($280,166 in U.S. funds) on the third day of the Arqana Deauville August yearling sale Aug. 19.
A daughter of Darley sire Dubawi was the object of a lengthy bidding duel Aug. 18 at the second session Arqana Deauville August yearling sale before selling for the evening's highest price of 1.5 million euros.
A Dubawi colt and a Galileo filly each sold for 1 million euros ($1,332,676 in United States funds) Aug. 17 on opening day of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale.
Temperamental French raider Chicquita scored her first career win in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh, but before her connections could celebrate they had to wait out a lengthy stewards' inquiry.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage