An Invincible Spirit half brother to 2013 Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita sold for seven figures at the second session of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale Aug. 17.
Fillies by Monsun and Galileo cracked the seven-figure barrier Aug. 16 at the opening session of the elite Arqana Deauville yearling sale, which saw strong trade throughout.
A filly from the first crop of European champion and classic winner Makfi sold for the highest price of 210,000 ($280,166 in U.S. funds) on the third day of the Arqana Deauville August yearling sale Aug. 19.
A daughter of Darley sire Dubawi was the object of a lengthy bidding duel Aug. 18 at the second session Arqana Deauville August yearling sale before selling for the evening's highest price of 1.5 million euros.
A Dubawi colt and a Galileo filly each sold for 1 million euros ($1,332,676 in United States funds) Aug. 17 on opening day of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale.
Temperamental French raider Chicquita scored her first career win in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh, but before her connections could celebrate they had to wait out a lengthy stewards' inquiry.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- One-Fifth Curlin Share Surpasses $6 Million
- Breaking Lucky Surprises in Prince of Wales
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- Sprint Champ, Commanding Curve Spice Stakes
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- Slideshow: 2015 Racing Hall of Fame