Trainer Jean-Claude Rouget's outstanding season looks likely to have spawned several new relationships, judging by the action during a lively Part II of the Arqana August yearling sale Aug. 16 in Deauville.
Opening night of the Arqana August yearling sale Aug. 14 saw solid trade from a broad international buying bench that included the U.S.-based Zayat family, who purchased their first horse at the Deauville auction, a son of Frankel.
An Invincible Spirit half brother to 2013 Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) winner Chicquita sold for seven figures at the second session of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale Aug. 17.
Fillies by Monsun and Galileo cracked the seven-figure barrier Aug. 16 at the opening session of the elite Arqana Deauville yearling sale, which saw strong trade throughout.
A filly from the first crop of European champion and classic winner Makfi sold for the highest price of 210,000 ($280,166 in U.S. funds) on the third day of the Arqana Deauville August yearling sale Aug. 19.
A daughter of Darley sire Dubawi was the object of a lengthy bidding duel Aug. 18 at the second session Arqana Deauville August yearling sale before selling for the evening's highest price of 1.5 million euros.
A Dubawi colt and a Galileo filly each sold for 1 million euros ($1,332,676 in United States funds) Aug. 17 on opening day of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale.
Temperamental French raider Chicquita scored her first career win in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh, but before her connections could celebrate they had to wait out a lengthy stewards' inquiry.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates
- NYRA Sanctioned for Aqueduct Water Pollution
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California