A filly from the first crop of European champion and classic winner Makfi sold for the highest price of 210,000 ($280,166 in U.S. funds) on the third day of the Arqana Deauville August yearling sale Aug. 19.
A daughter of Darley sire Dubawi was the object of a lengthy bidding duel Aug. 18 at the second session Arqana Deauville August yearling sale before selling for the evening's highest price of 1.5 million euros.
A Dubawi colt and a Galileo filly each sold for 1 million euros ($1,332,676 in United States funds) Aug. 17 on opening day of the Arqana Deauville yearling sale.
Temperamental French raider Chicquita scored her first career win in the Darley Irish Oaks (Ire-I) July 20 at the Curragh, but before her connections could celebrate they had to wait out a lengthy stewards' inquiry.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds