Eagle Mountain, a leading challenger for the HK$20m Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) on Dec. 14, impressed with a spectacular gallop on the grass at Sha Tin Dec. 9.
Vodka, winner of the 2007 Japanese Derby, ended a year-long win drought with a stunning 3 1/2-length win in the Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I), the final leg of Asian Mile Challenge June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Hong Kong's Good Ba Ba won his fourth group I race in a row for trainer Andreas Schutz when he captured the Champions Mile in stunning style for jockey Olivier Doleuze at Sha Tin April 27.
Nail-biting finishes defined this year's Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races Sunday at Sha Tin Racecourse. France's Pride closed out her career stylishly by holding off the closing Admire Moon by a short head in the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) after Great Britain's Collier Hill edged Kastoria by a nose in the Hong Kong Vase (HK-I) and Hong Kong's The Duke narrowly lasted by a head over Armada in the Mile (HK-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Brave Anna Upsets Cheveley Park Stakes
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine