Eagle Mountain, a leading challenger for the HK$20m Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) on Dec. 14, impressed with a spectacular gallop on the grass at Sha Tin Dec. 9.
Vodka, winner of the 2007 Japanese Derby, ended a year-long win drought with a stunning 3 1/2-length win in the Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I), the final leg of Asian Mile Challenge June 8 at Tokyo Racecourse.
Hong Kong's Good Ba Ba won his fourth group I race in a row for trainer Andreas Schutz when he captured the Champions Mile in stunning style for jockey Olivier Doleuze at Sha Tin April 27.
Nail-biting finishes defined this year's Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Races Sunday at Sha Tin Racecourse. France's Pride closed out her career stylishly by holding off the closing Admire Moon by a short head in the Hong Kong Cup (HK-I) after Great Britain's Collier Hill edged Kastoria by a nose in the Hong Kong Vase (HK-I) and Hong Kong's The Duke narrowly lasted by a head over Armada in the Mile (HK-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder in Hirsch
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win