Thoroughbred owner and breeder Alex Lieblong is the new chairman of the Arkansas State Racing Commission, following the decision of longtime chairman Cecil Alexander to step down.
The Association of Racing Commissioners International is stepping up efforts to get state regulators to fully adopt the National Uniform Medication Program.
With the Oaklawn Park stable area set to open Nov. 12, the Arkansas track announced Nov. 7 that it will ban all horses from Hawthorne in response to a growing number \there being diagnosed with Equine Herpes Virus.
Though it is only in the discussion stages, there is a strong likelihood that all horses racing at Oaklawn Park in 2013 will undergo a pre-race examination.
Officials announced March 4 that they found no wrongdoing following an investigation into a $100,000 show wager canceled 10 minutes prior to the running of the first division of the Feb. 20 Southwest Stakes (gr. III).
Stan Bowker, who has more than 40 years of race track experience, has accepted the position as state steward for the Arkansas State Racing Commission, director Ron Oliver announced Sept. 23.
The first payments of revenue from the introduction of electronic games of skill to the wagering menu at Oaklawn Park were made to representatives of local and state government at the track Dec. 18.
- By Robert Yates
Expansion of gambling at Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs, Ark., moved one step closer to reality after the Arkansas State Racing Commission approved rules and regulations for electronic games of skill at its Aug. 1 meeting in Little Rock.
A judge has dismissed a complaint against installation of "electronic games of skill" at Oaklawn Park, which was approved for the machines in a November 2005 ballot initiative.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Speedway Stable Strikes Late for Malibu Moon Filly
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired