Godolphin Racing's Stellar Jayne is scheduled to make her last start in Friday's $150,000 Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) at one mile before being retired. The three-time grade I winner has banked more than $1.4 million and will be the filly to beat in the Top Flight.
A relaxed Great Intentions settled just behind a speed duel and rallied for a three-length victory in the $150,000 First Flight Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at seven furlongs at Belmont Park Sunday.
Umpateedle, who posted a gut-wrenching victory in the Gallant Bloom (gr. II) Oct. 9, goes for her third straight stakes victory Sunday in the $150,000 First Flight Handicap (gr. II) on the closing day of Belmont Park's fall meet.
Susan and John Moore's favored Smokey Glacken assumed command soon after the start and glided to a two-length victory in the $109,000 Floral Park Handicap (gr. III) Saturday at Belmont Park, her first graded stakes win since November 2003.
Celebrity chef Bobby Flay hopes he has the recipe to become a graded stakes winner when his filly Gilded Gold takes on six rivals in Saturday's $100,000-added Floral Park Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at six furlongs at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Tamarando Retired, Will Stand at Harris Farms
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- UAE Derby Features Japan's Kentucky Derby Qualifier