Kingfield Racing Stable's Jambalaya romped to an eight-length win over Area Limits in the $500,000 Breeders' Stakes, the third leg in Canada's Triple Crown at Woodbine Sunday.
Kingfield Racing Stable's Jambalaya and Augustin Stable's Autumn Snow head a wide-open field of nine Canadian-bred 3-year-olds for Sunday's $500,000 Breeders' Stakes on the Woodbine turf.
Well-traveled Noble Stella made her second start in Canada a winning one when the Gary Tanaka-owned 4-year-old captured Saturday's $340,800 Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine.
Leo Getz, a California-based 2-year-old maiden owned in part by actor Joe Pesci, could prove to be the "Lethal Weapon" of Saturday's $250,000 Coronation Futurity for Ontario breds at Woodbine.
Karen and Mickey Taylor's homebred Slew's Saga destroyed a field of Canadian-foaled 2-year-olds Sunday at Woodbine, taking the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes by a widening 9 3/4 lengths.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Coolmore Lexington: A Prep in Its Prime
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- Game On Dude Arrives for Charles Town Classic
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories
- 2014 Stallion Showcase
- 'A Not-To-Be-Missed Uptown Society Event'