Two days after a rough running of the Southwest Stakes (gr. III) at Oaklawn Park on Presidents' Day, connections for the top four finishers are making tentative plans to join the next dance in the Rebel Stakes (gr. II).
A long list of winners from a weekend of racing! ArchArchArch and Mucho Macho Man. View Slideshow
Robert Yagos' Archarcharch finished first in a scramble in the grade III Southwest Stakes at Oaklawn Park Feb. 21 to earn his first graded-stakes victory and move forward on the Triple Crown trail.
Recent Oaklawn Park arrival J P's Gusto will be the one to beat when he faces 10 fellow 3-year-olds in the $250,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 21 at the Hot Springs, Ark. track.
The track at Oaklawn Park was busy Feb. 14, with some of the top contenders for the Feb. 21, $250,000 Southwest Stakes (gr. III) turning in their final workouts.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day feature pits Grant Jack against six 3-year-olds; race is first leg of Oaklawn's trail to the Triple Crown.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 25
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York
- Commissioner Eyes Easier Skip Away Prize
- MA House Passes Suffolk Simulcast Extension
- RMTC Board Announces Cobalt Threshold
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup